Friday, January 10, 2003

Yesterday was all craziness and running around, nervousness and confusion, buses and trains. To accommodate my interview with Mr. Townsend, I worked a split shift--two hours in the morning and four in the afternoon, with the interview, some lunch and a surprise visit from the belter in between. I didn't like the feeling of being out and about in the middle of a weekday. It was too much like being in school again. The interview with Devin went well. He called at the appointed time, and we talked for half an hour. It was a new experience for me, but old hat for "the Dev" (he actually referred to himself in the third person at one point). I'm not a great interviewer, so I hope that I can pull a story together out of the things we discussed. I gag a bit at the thought of becoming a rock journalist, but I've learned not to ignore opportunities when they're dropped on my head.

By the way, the new Strapping Young Lad album is great. It's almost Canada's answer to Slaughter of the Soul.

No comments: