1. Weirding—Each Birth Is a New Disaster
One of my favourite local bands put out this crusher of an album last summer. Download it for the low, low price of $3, or check out "Bastard" at the very least.
2. Christian Mistress—Agony & Opium (20 Buck Spin)
3. Brand Upon the Brain! (Criterion DVD)
4. The Evaporators—"I Hate Being Late When I'm Early" from Busy Doing Nothing
I went to the album release show at Neptoon Records yesterday. It was a madhouse!
5. The React—"The Sounds That I've Heard"
My ex-neighbour Mike's new band is a little more wooly and psychedelic than usual, but seeing as Mike's involved, they're happily stuck in the sixties. We saw their first show last night and they rocked the joint.